Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity.
1. Could working from home actually make you drive more? Researchers who have been studying people’s driving patterns say it’s possible, because now instead of running errands as part of your commute, you’ll make separate trips for each of them.
Most people want to get out of the house during the day, especially once things open up. So we’re still going to be driving, but now instead of lumping everything into our commutes, we’ll go to most places one-by-one.
2. Two women from Ireland who flew to Dubai to get breast enhancements refused to quarantine when they flew back home on Friday, and they both wound up getting arrested for breaking the Covid rules.
3. Lots of people have picked up new habits during the pandemic, but those weren’t cheap. A new study found the majority of people who started a new hobby wound up taking on credit card debt from it.
4. Some people are putting their pets into therapy to help them cope once the work from home era ends.
5. The pandemic has led to a lot of people getting into new outdoor activities like hiking. Unfortunately, that means there have been a ton of amateurs getting lost or stranded, and rescue crews in rural areas are struggling to keep up.
Covid vaccinations in the U.S.: 109.9 million people have received at least one dose, or 33.1% of the population. 64.4 million people, or 19.4%, are fully vaccinated.
New daily cases in the U.S.: 75,183, with 873 new deaths. That brings the total to 31.6 million cases, with more than 572,000 deaths, and more than 24.2 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 133.6 million, with more than 2.9 million deaths, and more than 107.8 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.