Five Idiotic Dates Inspired By the Oscars
The Oscars are Sunday, so the website Your Tango came up with five idiotic date ideas inspired by this year's nominees . . .
1. For "Dallas Buyer's Club", hit up a bar with a mechanical bull or go to a rodeo, since it was a big part of Matthew McConaughey's character. But does that theme make sense, when it's a serious movie about AIDS?
2. Go sailing like Leonardo DiCaprio in "The Wolf of Wall Street". Like a dinner cruise or a sightseeing boat tour. Which just seems like an odd suggestion, since his yacht in the movie was filled with criminals, hookers, and coke.
3. Visit an Air and Space Museum in the spirit of "Gravity". The big one is the National Air and Space Museum in Washington D.C., but if you can't make it there, you can find a closer option on MuseumLink.com. Basically, this idea is just boring.
4. Have a FaceTime date like in "Her". In the movie, the guy is so lonely he ends up dating his operating system. So yeah, not a great inspiration for a date. But it could go to interesting places, especially if you're already long distance.
5. Go clubbing in '70s outfits like the disco scene in "American Hustle" with Amy Adams and Bradley Cooper. This one actually makes a little more sense. But still, the movie's about con men, lying, criminals, and the mob.