A Man Nearly Burns Down an Apartment Complex in His Attempt To Eat a Squirrel
Look, we're not saying your redneck neighbors are DEFINITELY going to put your life in danger. Just that your redneck neighbors will PROBABLY do something stupid one day that puts your life in danger. On Wednesday afternoon, in Holland Township, Michigan, a man was engaging in the fine redneck art of EATING ROADKILL. Specifically, the man was using a PROPANE TORCH to try to burn the fur off a SQUIRREL before he cooked it and ate it.
And as that sometimes goes, he ended up accidentally setting his apartment on fire. The fire spread to the roof, which started CAVING IN while the other residents in the building fled. Twenty-nine of the 32 units in the building were occupied.
In a minor miracle, not a SINGLE person or pet was injured in the fire (except the squirrel, of course). Firefighters were able to put it out before the entire building burned down, but there was a TON of damage and all of the residents are now displaced. So far, the man who started the fire hasn't been charged with a crime.
(NBC 8 - Grand Rapids / Lansing State Journal)