Bill & Connie
Bff Party Room
Join the BFF email club!
Off The Mic
Divas By Design
Bill's Weight Loss Journey
Jessica Anderson - Anderson Keuscher Law
Join The Alice BFF Club
Barrick Teacher of the Month
Fit for Perfect Attendance
Things To Do
Wendy's Cone Zone
Live Studio Webcam
Alice at Your Event
Advertise on Alice
Request a Song
What did we just play?
Friday Night Bass Drop
Advertise with us
Work for us
Where we are
Email Bill and Connie
What did we just play?
Food lovers will unite once again to celebrate the 2nd annual Reno Bites restaurant week, taking place October 20-27, 2013 at more than 20 restaurants throughout Reno. Created to encourage northern Nevadans to explore and patronize locally owned restaurants, plus foster community among local restaurateurs and chefs, Reno Bites is now in its second year boasting a larger array of participants and events.
Reno’s first ever restaurant week event was built to encompass local eateries of all sizes and offerings, with participating restaurants presenting one or more of the following: a Signature Item, or specialty price point for something they regularly offer; a three-course, prix fixe menu at a lower price point; a Signature Event which showcases an out-of-the-box menu, or something their chefs may excel at preparing.
This year, participating restaurants include Beaujolais Bistro, The Blue Plate, Bowl, Campo, Chuy’s Mexican Kitchen, Crème, First Bite Gourmet, Gold ‘N Silver Inn, La Vecchia, Lanna Thai Café & Culinary School, Men Wielding Fire, Noble Pie Parlor, Old Granite Street Eatery, Rapscallion Seafood House & Bar, Rounds Bakery, SoDo, Süp, The Cheese Board and Wild River Grille.
Listen to Bill and Connie In The Morning for more details and your chance to win gift certificates to some of these great Reno eateries!
- Beaujolais Bistro has been a favorite of of Reno Francophiles for years. Chef Bill Gilbert delivers his true old world style in the Bistro using the freshest local products that he can find. The menu is enhanced by a great selection of French and Domestic wines, along with a full bar. Their new location on Riverside Dr. will be opening this winter to offer an even bigger dining room!
The Blue Plate
- An eclectic mix of Greek & Asian favorites in a charming setting, complete with a backyard, brick patio. Greek Night every Friday evening features an extended Greek menu with specials changing weekly.
- Bowl in West Street Market is one of our treasured “hidden hot spots”. With seasonal and fresh offerings that change regularly, your visit is always a pleasant surprise. The restaurant is offering a three course menu as well as hosting a great event to benefit women farmers while you enjoy great local food!
- Campo opened late 2011 and took the city by storm. Their premium downtown location on the river and the exquisite Rustic Italian food that comes from the hands of Mark Estee and crew make for one of the best dining experiences in town.
Chuy's Mexican Kitchen
- Without a doubt one of the greatest personalities in the restaurant business in Reno, Chuy makes classic and updated Mexican dishes at his new location on South Virginia. You may know him as the face behind Fresh Mex for many years though his new space and vigor have brought the restaurant back to life!
- Créme is the brainchild of Chef Christian Christiansen (of Süp fame) and Beth Carter. They set out to create a dining experience that was missing from Reno, a boutique like café that served up housemade crepes and other light fare. Their loyal MidTown crowd keeps them busy, especially when the weather keeps the patio hopping.
First Bite Gormet
- First Bite is fairly new to the Reno Food Truck scene, having moved up from Texas over the summer. Their business philosophy is simple- they give up their “first bite” of every meal to our hungry neighbors. With each meal, you get to also help someone in need. It’s easy to do with their mouth watering Tex Mex inspired menu!
The Gold 'N Silver Inn
- The Gold ‘N Silver Inn has been owned and operated by the same folks for over 20 years! They serve up classic Americana in their diner with great burgers, sandwiches, steaks, chops and more. They were also featured on Food Network’s Diners Drive-Ins and Dives for their Tri Tip Sandwich!
- Another iconic Reno restaurant is found in La Vecchia. Chef Alberto Gazzola has been delighting guests with his Traditional Italian cuisine for many years. Their newer location on Skyline offers great views of the city as you dine on handmade pasta, pizzas and seafood specials.
Lanna Thai Cafe & Culinary School
- Lanna Thai is another of Reno’s hidden treasures. Located on West 2nd Street, the quaint eatery offers up some of Reno’s finest Thai cuisine. Beyond dining, they offer unique culinary education from Chef Pim, where you can learn her traditional techniques that have been passed down through family for generations.
Men Wielding Fire
, After years of catering to special events around the area, Men Wielding Fire opened their restaurant in downtown Reno. Slow smoking is the name of the game at MWF as they prepare everything from ribs to pastrami for their delicious menu.
Noble Pie Parlor
- PFPCo’s Noble Pie Parlor (formerly Pie-Face Pizza Co. same owners, same food, new name) is located in the underbelly of the historic El Cortez Hotel in the Reno, NV downtown area. Noble Pie Parlor has come together as a collective idea to uphold the principles of incredible pizza & craft beers shared in the company of friends and family.
Noble Pie Parlor offers the ultimate dine-in experience with a fun, hip atmosphere in a modern rustic setting developed with care and attention to detail.”
Old Granite Street Eatery
- Old Granite Street and Chef Adam Bronson serve up contemporary comfort food with a focus on fresh quality ingredients. The rotating craft beer and wine lists always offer something new and interesting. It’s a perfect spot to grab some friends and gather for great food and drink at their bar, community table or one of the private booths indoors or on the patio. There’s truly something for everyone at Old Granite Street!
- Rapscallion has become a Reno icon serving fresh seafood delivered directly from the source and a great steakhouse menu paired with a beautiful wine list and artful cocktails for decades. They recently brought in a new culinary team with Chefs Dan Bauer and Adam Bronson, who have added an updated twist to many of the classic dishes Rapscallion has become known for.
- Rounds Bakery has made a name for itself in Reno with their traditional boiled bagels that have the famed “chew” of the East Coast variety. Just recently, they launched a whole doughnut menu as well! You can find their bagels in their downtown shop as well as Whole Foods. In their shop, you can order your bagel with everything from a simple cream cheese smear to a hot sandwich and everything in between.
- SoDo is one of Reno’s newest additions to the culinary community. The team of Joel Giandalia and David Stern bring years of dining experience to the great location at 275 Hill St. Just south of the river and walking distance from the courthouse, SoDo has a patio that is the place to be seen during fair weather. Their international menu is presented in a familiar way with chef David Stern’s American style.
- Another of Christian Christensen’s restaurants, along with his wife Kasey, Süp always delivers on a great meal. Their inspired sandwiches, salads and scratch made soups use local products as often as possible with many vegetarian and vegan friendly options. Grab a seat on the patio to see the hustle and bustle of MidTown while you munch, and don’t even try to skip the cookie!
The Cheese Board
- The Cheese Board has been serving bistro style lunch and catering to Reno since 1981. Their menu of delectable sandwiches and salads draws a great crowd on a daily basis. And the catering service delivers fresh and creative dishes right to your home.
Wild River Grille
- Wild River Grille is located in one of Reno’s oldest landmarks, The Riverside Hotel building. The location has been a hub of hospitality and great food for over 100 years. Their menu offers a unique and delightful mix of traditional ingredients with a modern flair. It has become one of Reno’s most loved restaurants with a beautiful location on the Riverwalk.
For additional details on Reno Bites, please visit
Check This Out!
Advertise With Us
Copyright © 2014 Americom Broadcasting. All rights reserved.