Hollywood Trash

Did Nicole Kidman Help Katie Holmes Through Her Split With Tom Cruise?


This could be a little far-fetched.  And let's face it, even if it weren't true, it's exactly the kind of story the tabloids would invent.  "Us Weekly" says that KATIE HOLMES has been getting some advice during her split with TOM CRUISE, from Tom's ex-wife NICOLE KIDMAN.

A source says, "They've spoken over the last few weeks.  Nicole has been supportive, saying she's been through it too and to hang in there."  But the alliance might be more than just a few weeks old.  Supposedly, Katie and Nicole have been in contact since Katie married Tom. 

A lot of it has to do with the fact that they were co-parenting Tom and Nicole's adopted kids, 19-year-old Isabella and 17-year-old Connor.  The source says, "Nicole has been a private friend not many people know about."

Once Katie made the decision to leave, Nicole had her back.  The source says,  "Nicole told her to stay strong . . . She was convinced Katie would 'snap' one day.  She was right."  For the record, Nicole's rep says this is NOT TRUE.



More People Know About Tom Cruise's Divorce Than the Supreme Court Ruling on Obamacare

According to a poll by the "Hollywood Reporter", 48% of people think KATIE HOLMES should get custody of her 6-year-old daughter Suri, while only 6% think she should live with TOM CRUISE.  We kind of wish the other 46% said THEY DON'T CARE.  But they didn't.  They said Tom and Katie should share custody.

In other results, 48% think Katie's career will IMPROVE post-divorce.  And 81% think Katie handled her divorce from Tom better than NICOLE KIDMAN.  (The other 19% went with Nicole.  There were no noncommitals.)

79% of the people polled say the divorce was TOM'S fault, and 85% think Katie comes out of the split looking better. (Although strangely, people between the ages of 13 and 24 were TWICE as likely to say it was Katie's fault, and that Tom won in the court of public opinion.)

And more people were aware of Tom and Katie's divorce than some other recent, major news events.  Here are the percentages:

#1.)  Tom / Katie divorce,  91%

#2.)  Supreme Court upholds Obamacare,  84%

#3.)  Anderson Cooper comes out of the closet,  68%

#4.)  Ann Curry leaving as co-host of "Today",  61%