Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity.
1. The top grossing movie theater in the country last week was the Ford-Wyoming Drive-In in Dearborn, Michigan. It brought in $127,300.
2. A woman in North Hollywood, California went viral on Friday for having a meltdown at a Trader Joe’s when the employees asked her to wear a mask.
3. One in four Americans say they’ll never go back to the gym, even when the pandemic is over. But for the people who do go back, nine in 10 say they’ll be more vigilant about wiping down equipment.
4. A 24-year-old woman in Brooklyn, New York sat at a park to have as many speed dates as possible to make up for the lost time during the quarantine.
5. Are you having “caution fatigue“? That’s where people start getting looser about following rules because they’re tired of following them.
6. If you’ve seen “Face Mask Exempt Cards” with what looks like a federal seal on them floating around on social media, they’re obviously not real.
7. Only 13% of working parents want to go back fully to the “old normal” whenever the pandemic is over, the rest like remote work and more family time.
8. Three people in New Mexico have died from drinking hand sanitizer with methanol, one is now blind, and three others are in critical condition.
New daily cases in the U.S.: 39,007 new cases, with 280 new deaths. Only two states had a drop in coronavirus cases in the past week: Connecticut and Rhode Island.
Total cases in the U.S.: 2.6 million, with more than 128,000 deaths, and more than one million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 10.2 million, with more than 504,000 deaths, and more than 5.5 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.