Man, being a part of a community sounds like a ton of work. Can’t I just be the person that steals kids’ Frisbees when they go into my yard? A new survey asked people the key things to do to be an active part of their community. And here are the results:
1. Be friendly with your neighbors, 69%.
2. Support local businesses, 54%.
3. Don’t cause trouble, 50%.
4. Volunteer or donate to charity, 44%.
5. Regularly help people out, 44%.
6. Get involved in local projects or charities, 38%.
7. Help the homeless, 34%.
8. Volunteer at a school or with clubs, 32%.
9. Be part of the neighborhood watch, 29%.
10. Coach a kids’ sports team, 13%.